Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Client Wedding featured in Southern Weddings Blog

I just love all of the creative weddings that our alternative guestbooks are a part of. Its especially exciting when they recognized by such a wonderful publication as Southern Weddings! This sweet bride was married this spring in Charleston in a beautiful and perfectly southern seersucker wedding gown. Oh and she also used our classic twisted oak guestbook fingerprint tree to commemorate the special day. Enjoy a few highlights here and hop on over to her feature in Southern Weddings for the full dish. http://iloveswmag.com/2013/08/21/seersucker-and-pink-wedding-by-pasha-belma/



What a dress!



On THE Dress: Before we went dress shopping, my mother bought several wedding magazines and passed them on to me. I found an amazing dress in Southern Weddings: The Libertine by Ian Stuart. I called my mom as soon as I saw it and told her I had found my dress. She asked me to describe it and said, “When I saw that dress, I knew it was the one for you.” I called several stores trying to locate a sample in blue and we went to see it a few days later. Since I had chosen such a distinctive dress, I decided to keep it a secret from everyone except my parents until the big day. On the morning of our wedding, I had the photographer and videographer capture my bridesmaids’ reactions to my dress.

I love the idea of an Adventure Book for your marriage, what a sweet way to join bucket lists, and create a life of complete adventure. How well this would go with our Up! inspired guestbook thumbprint balloons as well!
 



Did you decide to do a “first look”? Why or why not? We decided to stick with tradition and not do a first look. I am glad we made that decision because my favorite part of our wedding video is seeing my 6’8” husband stand on his tiptoes trying to see me above the crowd before I walked down the aisle.




Reception details:
The finished guestbook fingerprint tree in our beloved twisted oak design by BDT Handmade.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/bleudetoi/search?search_query=twisted+oak&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search












No comments:

Post a Comment